I Messed Up
Everyone blows it from time to time, and if you’re like most people, you hate it when you screw up. It’s one thing to make a trivial blunder like misbalancing your checkbook or forgetting something at the grocery store, but when you really mess up…ouch!
Knowing what to do after you really mess up is what Episode 021 of The Live It Forward Show is all about. Kent Julian shares a personal story of how he made a major leadership mistake, what he could have done differently to avoid the mistake, and 5 steps each of us can take after making a major misstep. You are guaranteed to either learn something new in this episode or at least be reminded of something important that will help you succeed in your life and work.
Show Notes—What To Do After You Really Mess Up
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Weekly Review.
- Spoke in North Carolina last week.
- Moved one of our twin daughters to college last week.
- Moving our other twin daughter to college this week.
3. What To Do After You Really Mess Up.
- Highlights from a major leadership mistake made by Kent.
- What Kent could have done differently to avoid this leadership mistake.
- 5 steps to take after you really mess up.
- Step 1: Run at the problem.
- Step 2: Take ownership by asking forgiveness.
- Step 3: Make amends.
- Step 4: Don’t get stuck.
- Step 5: Learn and grow.
- Dates: November 11-12, 2016
- Location: John Maxwell Leadership Center, 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA
- Special discount for Live It Forward podcast listeners—use discount code PODCAST at checkout to save an additional $100 off early-bird registration.
Tweet It ForwardDon't waste a mistake. Learn and grow from it. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Run at the problem, not away from it. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Check out the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference
- Ask your question for a future episode — email email@example.com
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward