There are two words that are guaranteed to mess up your life: Someday and but.
- Someday I’ll be a runner.
- Someday I’ll lose weight.
- Someday I’ll start my business.
- Someday I’ll purse my dream career.
- Someday I’ll live my dream.
- But I’m too old.
- But I’m too young.
- But I don’t have any money.
- But I make too much money to risk.
- But I’m not smart enough.
- But I could fail.
Someday and but will mess up your life! Someday shrinks your life and but stinks up your life.
Yet when you stop using the someday excuse, you gain your VISION back and start seeing new OPPORTUNITIES again. When you stop using the but excuse, you take your POWER back and start taking RISKS again.
In Episode 016 of The Live It Forward Show, Kent Julian talks in depth about how the words someday and but disempower you. He then gives three specific actions you can take today to gain your vision and power back.
Show Notes—2 Words that Will Mess Up Your Life
1. Welcome to the show.
2. How to book paid speaking engagements—Speak It Forward Boot Camp.
3. Big Announcement—The Live It Forward Advance
- Mark your calendars for the first annual Live It Forward Conference: November 11-12, 2016
- This conference will be our “beta test” conference for all future Live It Forward Advances, which means if you join us, you will be getting in on the ground floor!
- Theme and details will be announced soon, so stay tuned.
4. Success Tip: “Most people spend their entire lives on a fantasy island called Someday I’ll.” —Denis Waitley
5. 2 Words that Will Mess Up Your Life (and what you can do about them).
- “Someday” shrinks your vision for opportunities.
- “But” stinks up your power to take risks.
- 3 specific actions you can take to gain back your vision and power.
Tweet It ForwardYour present situation might be impacting you, but it is not WHO you are. Click To Tweet You have two basic choices in life: Check out and whine or show up and shine. Click To Tweet How will you create I-ability in your life. Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Get paid to speak? Speak It Forward Boot Camp
- Switchfoot lyrics: I Dare You to Move
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. So please leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. And remember, I’m here to help! #LiveItForward