Great leaders ask great questions. Is it because these leaders develop the art of asking great leadership questions, or do people who know how to ask great leadership questions just end up being great leaders? Honestly, who cares…the important thing to remember is if you ask better leadership questions, you will become a better leader.
Want to know the best leadership questions you can ask your team?
In Episode 019 of The Live It Forward Show, Kent Julian shares 7 leadership questions you can ask your team, whether they are your family, a volunteer team, or a group of paid professionals. These 7 questions will, at first, be uncomfortable for you to ask and for your team to hear. But over time, you’ll get more comfortable asking these questions, and your team will become more and more pleasantly surprised when you ask them.
Show Notes—7 Leadership Questions that Will Pleasantly Surprise Your Team
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Crazy Week.
- Coming off the Killer Keynote Conference and Speak It Forward Boot Camp experience.
- Computer issues
- After months of planning, major hire falls through
- In the midst of these challenges, catch the message: Count Your Blessings!
3. 7 leadership questions that will pleasantly surprise your team:
- What kind of leader am I?
- Do you know what I see in you?
- What do you think about ______________?
- How could we do____________ differently?
- How can I help you?
- What are people concerned about, but no one is saying?
- Where do you want to go?
Tweet It ForwardYour team will follow a self-confident leader, but not a self-centered leader. Click To Tweet Want to be a great leader? Tell someone the great things you see in him or her. Click To Tweet Most people run away from challenges and problems. The best leaders run towards them. Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward