You CAN move from DREAM to DO and achieve your goals even though some people will say:
- “I don’t think you can.”
- “You’re not good enough.”
- “It’s impossible!”
While achieving your goals is definitely possible, there is a big IF in the equation.
You Can Achieve Your Goals IF
If you don’t know my story, here are a few highlights I share in the book Who Wants To Be Normal, Anyway?!
- In elementary school I had a significant speech impediment and could not pronounce the sounds associated with the letters F, G, J, K, L, R, S, V, Z, Ch, Sh, Th, and all related consonant blends.
- By the time I reached third grade, my teacher had a conference with my parents to ask how I passed the previous grades without being able to read.
- In seventh grade I was an “at-risk” child and was caught doing something that should have resulted in being expelled, but the middle school principal demonstrated grace and went on to become a mentor in my life.
- When I graduated high school, my SAT scores were so low I was not accepted into college. I had to pass Developmental Studies before being admitted into college on probation.
- In spite of all these academic struggles, I went on to graduate cum laude from college and summa cum laude in my graduate work.
- I have authored, co-authored, and published multiple books.
- I am a professional speaker who speaks all over the country.
Because of my early challenges with speaking and writing, people used to giggle when I told them I wanted to be a speaker. A few even laughed when I mentioned I wanted to write a book. Yet even though I’m just an average guy, and in some ways below average, I’ve been able to move from DREAM to DO and achieve my goals.
And you CAN do the same! You can achieve your goals and live your dreams too…
Wondering what the big IF is?
There are actually several big IFs. Some are big-picture and philosophical, while others are more pragmatic. Below are four, big-picture ideas on how to move from DREAM to DO and achieve your goals.
LIVE Your Script—Be You
- According to Thomas J. Stanley book The Millionaire Next Door, a study of deca-millionaires shows they all have one thing in common… they LOVE what they do for a living. Did you get that? They love their work! If you want to move from DREAM to DO and achieve your goals, it’s much easier if you find work you love.
- Become a student of you—discover what you are passionate about and how you can best serve the world. Figure this out and you’re well on your way to living your script.
- Remember that the two greatest moments in your life are when you are born and the moment you discover why you were born. Invest in discovering why you were born and then live into that purpose.
INVEST in the Right Relationships
- Jim Rohn said if you want to know what you’ll be like in five years, just take the average of the five people with whom you spend the most time. This should cause you to ask yourself: “Who am I allowing to shape my life?”
- Additionally, we are what we watch, listen to, and read. This means we should invest wisely in what we see on TV, what podcasts we listen to, and what books we read.
VALUE the Power of Your Decisions
- Successful people realize one of the only things they control 100 percent is their decisions. In other words, most events in life are out of our control, but we can control our response to the circumstances we face. Therefore, live E+R=O.
EVERY SINGLE DAY… Take a Step
- You can move from DREAM to DO and achieve your goals if you take at least one positive step every day. Remember, BIG Is Little and Little Is BIG.
Questions to Consider:
1. Which of the 4 big IFs connects with you most? Why?
2. What is one thing you can do this week to LIVE into your goals and move from DREAM to DO?