LIF 091 – Smarter Faster Better – The Transformative Power of REAL Productivity (E+R=O Bonus)
Real productivity is not about adding more items to your to-do list or adding more hours to your work week. According to Charles Duhigg, in his book Smarter Faster Better, “The difference between being merely busy and genuinely productive is about taking control of how you think and making better choices—instead of simply reacting to life’s constant demands.”
Did you catch that? Instead of reacting to life’s demands, real productivity is about making better choices by taking control of how you think. Or to put it another way, it’s about living E+R=O (event + RESPONSE = outcome).
In this surprise, bonus episode to Episodes 089 and 090, I demonstrate how E+R=O living leads us away from victim thinking and leads us towards real productivity.
Purpose of this Episode
You can become smarter, faster, and better and experience REAL Productivity in your life and business by living out E+R=O.
Tips Shared in this Episode
- Real productivity is more of a result of thinking differently (which causes us to act differently) than it is a result of organizational charts, complicated filing systems, or special apps and gadgets.
- The primary way productive people think differently is they embrace an internal locus of control (E+R=O) instead of external locus of control (E=O).
- A person with an internal locus of control believes that he or she can influence events and their outcomes, while someone with an external locus of control blames outside forces for everything.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
– Smarter Faster Better by Charles Duhigg
– Dates for the 2018 Killer Keynote Conference and the Paid To Speak Conference will be announced soon. Visit SpeakItForward.com if you want to receive a first-alert email with the opportunity to register early.
Tweet It ForwardYou can become smarter, faster, and better and experience REAL Productivity in your life and business by living out E+R=O. Click To Tweet Real productivity is about making better choices by taking control of how you think. Click To Tweet Make the move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business! #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Want To Book Your First Paid Speaking Engagement?
If you are interested in being a speaker either part-time or full-time, you have likely discovered that the hardest step to take is moving from FREE speeches or FEE speeches. If you are interested in doing more speaking and want to discover how to get paid to speak, I invite to you attend the next “Your First Paid Speech” Masterclass. In this masterclass, you’ll discover the steps to take to book your first paid speech and exactly how to take them. Click here for more details.
Thank You for Listening
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, I’d be honored if you would leave a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business. #LiveItForward
PhotoCopyright: mikkolem / 123RF Stock Photo