How To Be Confident When You Don’t Know What To Say
Have you ever been in a situation where it is your turn to talk and you don’t know what to say? Your confidence is down and one of two things happen. You either give a blank stare with no response or you talk on and on while you are trying to come up with what to say. We have all been there!
In episode 029 of The Live it Forward Show, Kent Julian gives three tips to help us avoid the awkward situation of being speechless and have confidence in any conversation. If you would like to improve your self esteem and be prepared to strike up a conversation, this episode is for you!
Show Notes – How To Be Confident When You Don’t Know What To Say
1. Welcome to the show
2. Early-bird registration for the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference ends Wednesday, October 12, 2016
- Dates: November 11-12, 2016
- Location: John C. Maxwell Leadership Center, 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA
- Special discount for Live It Forward podcast listeners—use discount code PODCAST at checkout to save an additional $100 off early-bird registration.
- You will receive 7 FREE books when you attend the Live it forward ADVANCE conference
3. Shout Outs
- Jodey Smith—Podcast Coach
4. Kent shares introductions from two Live it forward ADVANCE guest speakers:
- Susie Miller—What to say when you talk to yourself
- Brian Holmes—The four cornerstones for strategic living
Two Things Happen When You Don’t Know What To Say
- You give a blank stare with no response
- You talk too much
Tip #1: Don’t Say Anything
- Be an active listener
- Show genuine interest
Tip #2: Restate What You Hear
- Restate what you hear in your own words
- You will instantly know what to say
Tip #3: Ask Questions
- Questions bring confidence
- Who, what, where, how, when
- Use the FROM acronym
Tweet It ForwardHow to be an ACTIVE listener. #listen #respect #liveitforward Click To Tweet Asking questions creates CONFIDENCE in you. #confidence #liveitforward Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Join Kent Julian at the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jodey Smith can give you the help you need to launch your own podcast
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward