As you strive to live it forward, you will face challenges. Challenges at work. Challenges in your personal life. Even challenges at home. And with challenges comes stress.
So how can we best deal with stress when it arises? There are a lot of strategies for tackling stress, but a good overarching principle is to focus on what you can control and de-emphasize what you cannot control.
In Episode 022 of The Live It Forward Show, Kent Julian focuses on how to deal with stress. He first describes the 3 “un’s” that show up in our lives and work that often lead to stress. Then he shares strategies for how to de-emphasize what you cannot control and focus on what you can control.
Show Notes—How to Deal with Stress
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Weekly Review.
- It’s been a full summer!
- Moved our second twin daughter into college last week.
- Speaking in CO, TN, and NM this week.
3. Check out the podcast contest for a free pass to the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference.
4. Registration for the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference is now open!
- Dates: November 11-12, 2016
- Location: John Maxwell Leadership Center, 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA
- Special discount for Live It Forward podcast listeners—use discount code PODCAST at checkout to save an additional $100 off early-bird registration
5. How to Deal with Stress.
- Defining the 3 “un’s” — uncontrollable, unexplainable, unchangeable.
- How to deemphasize the 3 “un’s” — prayer and journaling.
- Focus on what you can control — your response.
Tweet It ForwardE+R=O #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Stop allowing things you cannot control to consume your focus, energy, and time. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Join Kent Julian at the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Purchase your own E+R=O wristbands
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward