What Happens When You Take the 4 Personality Types To The Extreme
We all have personality strengths that help us move toward the direction of our dreams. If you have taken the DISC personality assessment, you’ve learned a lot about your strengths. But did you know your greatest personality strengths can become weaknesses when taken to the extreme?
In episode 031 of The Live it Forward Show, Kent Julian shares five insights he discovered when one of his personality strengths became a weakness. Listen to this week’s episode if you want to learn how dangerous it is to put your personality strengths on steroids.
Show Notes – What Happens When You Put Your Personality Strength on Steroids
1. Welcome to the show
- Dates: November 11-12, 2016
- Location: John C. Maxwell Leadership Center, 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA
- Use the discount code PODCAST to save $100 off early-bird registration
- You will receive 8 FREE books when you attend the Live it forward ADVANCE conference
3. Ratings and Reviews
4. What happens when you take the 4 Personality Types to the extreme
- A driven and results-oriented personality becomes a bully who walks all over people
- An outgoing and expressive personality becomes a flake who can’t get anything done
- A laid-back and easygoing personality becomes passive
- A detailed and precise personality becomes a control freak
5. Kent Julian’s insights from allowing his personality strengths to become a weakness
- Recognize when your strengths are becoming weaknesses
- Don’t let your pride take over
- Listen to others who are trying to help you
- Give your best to the people you are most important to you
- Be quick to ask for forgiveness
6. How to prevent yourself from allowing your personality type to be taken to the extreme
- Be alert
- Listen to those who really love you
- Notice others who go to an extreme
- Be in a mastermind group
Tweet It ForwardA #strength on steroids becomes a weakness. #personality #personalitytrait #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Join Kent Julian at the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference — Use discount code PODCAST at checkout to save an additional $100 off early-bird registration
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DISC Personality Profile
- Colleen Robison’s website — Thriving In The Quiet
- Chris Coakley’s website — Grain Of Hope
- Blog post — Unconventional Personality Test
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward