photo by: FloydFotography
The term “self-esteem” is used to describe a person’s sense of self-worth. Self-esteem involves a variety of personal beliefs about who you are such as your appearance, belief-system, talents, and behaviors. Healthy self-esteem leads to a balance of self-confidence and humility. Unhealthy self-esteem leads to a lack of self-confidence mixed with either egotism or self-loathing.
How can you improve your self-image? Start by implement a few of these 7 tips.
7 Tips on How To Build Self-Esteem
1. Read personal development books. Spend at least 15-30 minutes in the morning reading personal development books. Not only will you polish off 20 or more books in a year (a huge accomplishment), your view of your value and worth will be positively shaped.
2. Listen to personal development podcasts. Listen to at least one podcast a day. You can do this while getting ready in the morning, during your commute to work, or while exercising. What’s more, make sure at least one podcast a week focuses on how to build self-esteem.
3. Talk to yourself differently. Whether you want to admit it or not, you talk to yourself. Since you’re already having a conversation with yourself, stop cutting yourself down and start building yourself up. This book will show you how.
4. Get in shape. It’s hard to have a healthy self-image when you don’t feel good physically. Staying in shape gives you energy, makes you feel happier, and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
5. Hang out with encouraging people who are going places. Toxic people poison your self-image. People who are going places in life will be your biggest cheerleaders in encouraging you to do the same.
6. Learn and grow. Learning and developing new skills helps you feel more alive and excited about life.
7. Accomplish one big thing each day. Big is little and little is big. Yet this does not mean accomplishing one big thing each day is equal to accomplish a “big thing.” It means if you focus on one little thing each day that leads to a big thing, you are guaranteed to eventually achieve that “big thing.” So accomplish one big thing today by doing one little thing that will move you one step closer to your big thing.
Questions: Which tip on how to build self-esteem was most helpful for you? Why? Also, do you have any tips to add to the list?