Your Definition of Success
What is your definition of success? Does it just include things like power, position, profit, and prestige? Or does your definition include something more…something deeper?
As stated in last week’s episode (Episode 024), true success can include all the qualities listed above, but there is one ingredient at the core of the definition of success. True success is about making a positive and significant difference in the lives of others.
In Episode 025 of The Live It Forward Show, Kent Julian focuses on redefining success as a both/and proposition instead of an either/or concept. He shares a powerful ladder analogy that he originally learned from Stephen Covey’s classic book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. This analogy caused Kent to think deeply about his own definition of success early in his career. Using this story as a foundation for the episode, Kent goes on to share four both/and propositions that will help you develop a better definition of success for yourself.
If you want to experience real success in your life, relationships, and work, you’ll love this episode!
Show Notes—The Definition of Success is Both/And
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Early-bird registration for the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference is still open.
- Dates: November 11-12, 2016
- Location: John C. Maxwell Leadership Center, 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA
- Special discount for Live It Forward podcast listeners—use discount code PODCAST at checkout to save an additional $100 off early-bird registration
3. Check out the podcast contest for a free pass to the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference (November 11-12).
- Contest ends TODAY! (Wednesday, September 14)
4. Definition of success.
- “True success is not just measured by how many fans you have, how much power you hold, or the size of your bank account. True success is about making a positive and significant difference in the lives of others.” —Kent Julian
5. Instead of thinking either/or, we need to think both/and, which means we need to stop separating the following ideas:
- Stop separating success from significance.
- Stop separating your being from your doing.
- Stop separating profit from your purpose and passion.
- Stop separating your dreams from your reality.
Tweet It ForwardStop separating #success from #significance. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Stop separating profit from your #purpose and passion. #success #LiveItForward #opportunity #makeadifference Click To Tweet Be remarkable. Do remarkable. #LiveItForward #success #beawesome Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Join Kent Julian at the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference
- Book: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Ask your question for a future episode — email email@example.com
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward