How to Make a Difference in the World
What is real success? Is it just position, power, prestige, and profit? Or…is real success something more?
Success can include all the things listed above, but there is one ingredient that turns all success into something more significant, more meaningful, and more real. It’s discovering how to make a difference in the world.
In Episode 024 of The Live It Forward Show, Kent Julian shares 7 traits for how to make a difference in the world. What’s most interesting about these traits is they don’t focus on your outward actions as much as they do on your inward, personal development. The reason? If you want to make a difference in the world, the place to start is by making a difference in you!
Show Notes—7 Traits for How to Make a Difference in the World
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Early-bird registration for the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference is now open!
- Dates: November 11-12, 2016
- Location: John C. Maxwell Leadership Center, 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA
- Special discount for Live It Forward podcast listeners—use discount code PODCAST at checkout to save an additional $100 off early-bird registration
3. Check out the podcast contest for a free pass to the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference (November 11-12).
- Contest ends Wednesday, September 14.
4. Success defined.
- Real success is NOT just power, prestige, position, or profit.
- Real success IS doing well of yourself in your life, career, and finances while doing well for others.
5. Quote which is told to be found on a tombstone at Westminster Abbey written by an unknown Monk around 1100 AD.
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn’t change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn’t change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
6. Seven traits for how to make a difference in the world.
- Hard (and smart) worker.
- Consistency and perseverance.
- Lifelong leaner.
- Deliver the goods.
Tweet It ForwardThe same boiling water will harden eggs and soften carrots, so be careful with how you communicate. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Problems create opportunities for learning, growth, and development. #LiveItForward #opportunity #makeadifference Click To Tweet When you're ripe, you rot…but as long as you stay humble and green, you grow.#LiveItForward #growth #personaldevelopment Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Join Kent Julian at the Live It Forward ADVANCE Conference
- Blog: 7 Traits of People Who Make a Difference
- Ask your question for a future episode — email email@example.com
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward