The purpose of Write It Forward LIVE is to equip you in how to publish a book and start making money immediately even if you are not a best-selling author. That’s exactly what happened during our most recent conference!
On DAY ONE we focused on how to write an IT book.
- Fire-Pit Test: You have a unique take on a topic and a burning desire to write about it. Your passion is so intense, you willing to go through the fire to write IT, publish IT, and sell IT.
- One-of-a-Kind Test: Your book will not look and sound like any other book. It will not be one-of-many, it will be one-of-a-kind. It will bust out instead of blend in!
- 30-Second Test: You can explain the premise of your book in 15-30 seconds.
- Moola Test: People will buy your book, and organizations will buy it in bulk. It will drive business to you and position you as a leading authority in your field.
We spent the entire first day on how to see IT, write IT, edit IT, outline IT, and title IT. Since the goal wasn’t just to learn how to do these things, but to actually do them, there was plenty of time given to work through these principles individually as well as in small groups. The synergy in the room was amazing! Creative ideas were popping left and right. Practically every participant walked out with a fantastic title, subtitle, outline, or some other breakthrough.
On DAY TWO we focused on how to publish and sell an IT book.
We started by looking at the pros and cons of five different methods for how to publish a book. This was eye-opening for many since most assumed there were just a couple of options for how to publish a book.
We spent most of our time learning three unique systems for selling your book: (1) online sales and digital sales as in kindle publishing, (2) hosting live events, and (3) speaking. Each system had two primary strengths: selling one-to-many instead of one-to-one and the secret of adding value by giving and serving first whether you make the sale or not.
Additionally, each system was presented by someone who has been successful and profitable selling books using the system. And each system was explained step-by-step so attendees walked away knowing exactly what to do and why to do it.
Bottom line, Write It Forward LIVE accomplished its purpose: to equip you in how to publish a book and start making money immediately even if you are not a best-selling author.
Question: As an author, what is your biggest challenge and why?
- How to write a book
- How to get a book published
- How to sell your book