2 Leadership Traits You MUST Have If You Want To Succeed!

I did a google search on the phrase leadership traits. 277,000,000 results.

I also did one on must-have leadership traits. 81,300,000 results.

Important leadership traits. 111,000,000 results.

Key leadership traits. 61,000,000 results.

Essential leadership traits. 49,500,000 results.

Obviously, there is a lot of discussion about leadership qualities.

Do you ever think we make it too hard? Maybe not too hard, but at least too complex and intricate?

There are dozens of leadership characteristics that will help you succeed in life and work. Yet, if you had to boil it down to two personal leadership traits that are simple to understand yet extremely powerful when practiced, you'd likely pick show up and shine.

Show Up

There are two ways to show up. You can show up or you can SHOW UP!

Normal people just show up. Whether it's their marriage, their personal development, their parenting, or their work, all they do is arrive. They get there, do their time, and move on. No true investment. They just get through whatever is before them.

That's not what successful people like you do. Successful people live into their bigger stories. They SHOW UP! They invest their whole self into their marriage, their personal development, their parenting, and their work. They're all in!


Showing up is 20 percent of the personal leadership equation. The other 80 percent requires you to SHINE!

Normal people don't shine too brightly. Often their light is focused on problems instead of solutions. They also tend to shine a light on themselves instead of illuminating the lives of others.

On the other hand, successful people like you SHINE! Once again, they live into their bigger stories by being solutions-oriented instead of problem-focused. They also realize the best way to SHINE is to invest in others. They serve with no strings attached, which ends up making their light shine even brighter.


Bottom line, if you want to succeed in life and work, SHOW UP and SHINE! These two leadership traits might be simple, but their results are powerful!

Header Photo Copyright: Adobe Stock / sveta

10 Habits of Highly Successful People Want More?

BIG is Little and Little is BIG!

This means if you want to achieve the big results in life, like amazing relationships, great health, financial independence, and a fulfilling career, then your focus should be on doing little things right day in and day out. And if you do the little things right day in and day out, the big things you want are practically guaranteed!

This free resource shares 10 little habits that successful people practice to achieve big results.