Can you imagine anything worse than investing tons of energy into your career, making a lot of money, and becoming well respected within your community while simultaneously neglecting your marriage and family in order to achieve those results? This would not be real success…it would be a nightmare!
In this special, family-focused episode of The Live It Forward Show, you’ll get to listen to Kent Julian’s rant about making excuses for major mistakes instead of owning up to our responsibility of being a spouse and parent. (Warning: He get pretty passionate during this segment and challenges his fellow men to MAN UP.) Second, Kent addresses a myth many parents buy into − the myth of spending quality time with their children. It’s not that quality time is impossible, but often the way parents go about trying to create quality time is backwards. This episode is a must for all parents.
Finally, don’t forget our podcast launch contest ends June 2. Enter to help us spread the word about the show and potentially win some awesome prizes!
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Contest details.
3. Speak It Forward training conference (July 21-23).
4. Special Q&A Episode scheduled for June 1 − email email@example.com to submit your question.
5. Success Tip: “An excuse is a lie wrapped in reason.” —Kent Julian
6. The Myth of Quality Time and how to fight against.
- Quality time is a natural by-product that just sort of happens in the midst of quantity time.
- Don’t try to force quality time.
- Don’t have a hidden agenda when spending quantity time with your children.
- Quantity time ideas: take walks together as a family, eat meals together, special evenings out with individual children, pick a TV show to watch together as a family, read the Bible together, sit together as a family in trips, special trips with individual children, etc.
Tweet It ForwardAn excuse is a lie wrapped in reason. Click To Tweet Parents, beware of the Myth of Quality Time. Click To Tweet Quality time is a natural by-product of quantity time. Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Book: How to Get Your Teen to Talk to You
- Want to get paid to speak? Speak It Forward Boot Camp (July 21-23)
- Join our contest
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for joining us this week for The Live It Forward Show. Do you have and feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them.
Until next time, LIVE and EARN IT FORWARD!