LIF 111 – 4 Key Ingredients to Your Recipe for Success
What is your recipe for success?
According to Ralph Waldo Emerson, there are four essential ingredients to success.
“What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: CHOOSE a career you love, GIVE it the best there is in you, SEIZE your opportunities, and BE a member of a team.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Purpose of this Episode
You can create an entree of success in your life and business by mixing four key ingredients into your recipe for success.
Tips Shared in this Episode
Let’s break down each phrase of Emerson’s statement to discover the exact ingredients in his recipe for success.
(1) Choose a career you love.
- “Choose.” This is an intentional, proactive word. It communicates both decision and ownership. It puts 100 percent of the responsibility for finding work you love on your shoulders.
- “Love.” This word communicates passion, intensity, yearning, appreciation, and commitment.
(2) Give it the best there is in you.
- “Give.” Serve instead of taking. Overdeliver. Add value. A key ingredient in the recipe for success is to be altruistic, not self-serving.
- “Best.” Don’t check out and whine; show up and shine! Remember, average never impacts and normal people don’t make history.
- “In You.” The ingredients for your success are inside of you, and they can only come out of you when you embrace your best self.
(3) Seize your opportunities.
- “Seize.” This is another intentional, proactive word, and it’s even more powerful than “choose.” It communicates that you catch, grab, and aggressively take hold of something.
- “Opportunities.” Have you ever considered the problems you face are actually opportunities looking for solutions?
(4) Be a member of a team.
- “Be.” This is an active word, even though on the surface, it might appear passive. Your doing is shaped by your being, so in order to “do” anything of significance on a consistent basis, you have to actively invest time and energy into personal development.
- “Member.” Again, on the surface, this word does not seem to be an active word either, but it’s very active. You have to step forward to become a member.
- “Team.” The teams you choose in life and business shape you tremendously. As Jim Rohn said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
Call To Action
Did you notice the first word of every ingredient in Emerson’s recipe for success requires action?
Bottom line, if you want an entree of success in your life and business, you must actively mix the four ingredients in this recipe of success — choose work you love, give your best, seize opportunities, and be a team member.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- The Paid to Speak Conference — https://paidtospeakconference.com
- 9 Ways to Get Paid to Speak Resource — https://liveitforward.com/9ways
Tweet It ForwardBecome better in all areas of your life — spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically — by asking yourself: How Will I Sharpen the Saw Today? #LiveItForward Click To Tweet Make the move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business! #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Thank You for Listening
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, I’d be honored if you would leave a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business. #LiveItForward
Photo Copyright: olegdudko / 123RF Stock Photo