LIF 095 – How to Succeed in Business and Have Healthy Family Relationships
Three events occurred this week that made me think about the importance of having healthy family relationships as we move from DREAM to DO in our business or career:
1) My three children went back to college after being home for a month during Christmas and New Year’s break.
2) Matt Woodrum asked a great question in his Wrestling with Fatherhood Facebook group: What is your biggest family goal for the new year and why?
3) I had a conversation with Jake, a young man who has the opportunity to pursue a career as a speaker. One of his concerns was if travel would negatively impact his family.
These three events made me think deeply about one of the things I am proudest about in my business and something that I hope I can help the next generation of business leaders experience as well.
Purpose of this Episode
You can succeed in business and maintain healthy family relationships by practicing 5 P’s with your children.
Tips Shared in this Episode
Business success will end up being empty if you lose your family along the way. Here are 5 actions you can take to maintain healthy family relationships while also pursuing your business goals.
Prioritize — ideas on how to prioritize your work, life, and family
Participate — ideas on how to participate in your children’s life
Proclaim — one of your primary roles as a parent is to teach your children values
Process — a great way to teach your children values is to process life with them
Pardon — expressing forgiveness and asking for forgiveness are two of the most powerful actions you can take as a parent
Links Mentioned in this Episode
– How to Get Your Teen to Talk to You by Kent Julian and Connie Grigsby
– Killer Keynote Conference is August 21-22, 2018 and the Paid to Speak Conference is August 23-25, 2018. Both conferences will be held at the John C. Maxwell Leadership Center. Visit SpeakItForward.com to receive our first-alert emails with the opportunity to register early.
Tweet It ForwardYou can succeed in business and maintaining healthy family relationships by practicing 5 P’s with your children. Click To Tweet Business success will end up being empty if you lose your family along the way. Click To Tweet Make the move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business! #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Thank You for Listening
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, I’d be honored if you would leave a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business. #LiveItForward
Photo Copyright: jawwa / 123RF Stock Photo