LIF 100 – The Big Leap #5 – How to Discover Your Zone of Genius
The message of The Big Leap, by Gay Hendricks, ties into the DREAM-to-DO message Kent shares on this podcast. That’s why we have created this 7-part series of episodes to talk about how each of us can take “The Big Leap” in our lives, relationships, and careers.
We kicked off The Big Leap series in Episode 096 by defining the Upper Limit Problem and how it works. Next, in Episode 097, we examine the flawed foundation of the Upper Limit Problem. In Episode 098, Kent showed us how to spot Upper Limit Behavior and what steps to take to dissolve it in our daily lives. Last week, in Episode 099, we focused on confronting your fear with your Zone of Genius.
In this episode, Kent shares four “genius questions” and then three “unique-ability” questions designed to help you discover your Zone of Genius.
Purpose of this Episode
You can discover your Zone of Genius by asking the right questions about your unique ability.
Review of previous Big Leap episodes:
- Episode 096 — Defining the Upper Limit Problem and how it works
- Episode 097 — Hidden barriers that hold us back and how to dissolve them
- Episode 098 — How to spot Upper Limit Behavior in your daily life
- Episode 099 —Confronting Your Fear with Your Zone of Genius
Tips Shared in this Episode
1) Four genius questions:
- What do I most love to do? (I love it so much that I can do it for long stretches of time without getting bored or tired.)
- What work do I that doesn’t seem like work? (I can do this kind of work all day without ever feeling tired or bored.)
- In my work, what produces the highest ratio of abundance and satisfaction to the amount of time spent? (Even if I only do a few minutes of it, an idea or deeper connection often appears and eventually leads to huge value.)
- What is my unique ability? (What is my special skill that, when fully realized and put to work, can provide enormous benefits to me and any organization I serve?)
2) Three unique-ability questions:
- I am at my best when I am ___________________________________
- When I am at my best, the exact thing I am doing is _________________________________
- When I am doing this, the thing I love most about it is ________________________________
- Zone of Genius — Activities you are uniquely suited to do and draw upon your special gifts and strengths.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
– https://liveitforward.com/big-leap — for a content-rich PDF outline of all the Episodes in “The Big Leap” series.
– The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
– PaidtoSpeakConference.com is now live! Visit today to find out more about the Killer Keynote Conference is August 21-22, 2018 and the Paid To Speak Conference is August 23-25, 2018.
Tweet It ForwardDiscover your Zone of Genius by asking the right questions about your unique ability! Click To Tweet Make the move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business! #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Thank You for Listening
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, I’d be honored if you would leave a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business. #LiveItForward
Photo Copyright: nexusplexus / 123RF Stock Photo