LIF 099 – The Big Leap #4 – Confronting Your Fear with Your Zone of Genius
The message of The Big Leap, by Gay Hendricks ties into the DREAM-to-DO message Kent shares on this podcast. That’s why we have created this short series of podcast episodes to talk about how each of us can take “The Big Leap” in our lives, relationships, and careers.
We kicked off The Big Leap series in Episode 096 by defining the Upper Limit Problem and how it works. Next, in Episode 097, we examine the flawed foundation of the Upper Limit Problem. In Episode 098, Kent talked about how to spot and dissolve Upper Limit Behavior in our daily lives.
In this episode, Kent defines the Zone of Genius and shares why it’s so important for you to discover your Zone of Genius.
Purpose of this Episode
Before you can take the Big Leap in your life and career, you must confront your fear with your Zone of Genius.
Tips Shared in this Episode
1) Review of past Big Leap episodes:
- Episode 096 — Defining the Upper Limit Problem and how it works
- Episode 097 — Hidden barriers that hold us back and how to dissolve them
- Episode 098 — How to spot Upper Limit Behavior in your daily life
2) Two big questions to ask yourself if you want to take the Big Leap:
- What is my genius?
- How can I bring forth my genius in ways that serve others and myself at the same time?
3) Activities in our lives occur in one of four zones:
- Zone of Incompetences — Activities you are not good at.
- Zone of Competence — Activities others can do just as well as you.
- Zone of Excellence — Activities you do extremely well and are in your comfort zone.
- Zone of Genius — Activities you are uniquely suited to do and draw upon your special gifts and strengths.
4) Discovering your Zone of Genius is your life’s Big Leap!
- Everything else is just a hop.
- The Upper Limit Problem (aka: your Upper Limit Behaviors) pull you away from your Zone of Genius.
- The comfort you experience in your Zone of Excellence also keeps you from taking the Big Leap into your Zone of Genius.
- Most people have carefully-crafted stories about why they can’t take their Big Leap: “If it weren’t for ___________________, I could be doing what I really want to do.”
- Often the biggest fear of taking the Big Leap is personal: “If I take the Big Leap into my Zone of Genius, I might fail. What if I really open up to my true genius and find out that my genius isn’t good enough?
5) Your Genius Commitment: “I commit to living in my Zone of Genius, now and forever… all for the glory of God.”
- NOTE: Kent added “all for the glory of God” because of his personal faith and belief in Scripture.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
– https://liveitforward.com/big-leap — for a content-rich PDF outline of all the Episodes in “The Big Leap” series.
– The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
– PaidtoSpeakConference.com is now live! Visit today to find out more about the Killer Keynote Conference is August 21-22, 2018 and the Paid To Speak Conference is August 23-25, 2018.
Tweet It ForwardReady to take the Big Leap in your life and career? Then it’s time to confront your fear with your Zone of Genius! Click To Tweet Make the move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business! #LiveItForward #success Click To Tweet
Thank You for Listening
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, I’d be honored if you would leave a rating and review on iTunes. Also, share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Until next time, continue to move from #DREAMtoDO in your life and business. #LiveItForward
Photo Copyright: Sergey Nivens / 123RF Stock Photo