You’ve probably heard the saying: Do what you love and the money will follow. Can you really do what you love and make money at it? It depends on whom you ask. Some people may say, “Absolutely!” while others will say, “No way, that’s unrealistic.”
Here’s the real question: Why settle for either/or—passion or profit—when you can go for both/and?
When you go after both/and, you are empowered to say, “Yes, I can make money doing what I love and yes, I can make a profit by meeting a real need in the marketplace.”
In Episode 018 of The Live It Forward Show, Kent Julian addresses 4 questions you should ask yourself if you want to discover how to do what you love and make money at it. This episode is all about embracing a both/and mindset so that you can create work that fits your passion!
Show Notes—Want to Do What You Love and Make Money At It? Ask Yourself 4 Questions.
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Quick review of the Killer Keynote Conference and the Speak it Forward Boot Camp.
- Find out more at http://speakitforward.com
- Favorite restaurant of Speak It Forward Boot Camp participants: Marlow’s Tavern, Duluth, GA
3. Want to do what you love and make money at it? Ask yourself these 4 questions.
- What are your that’s?
- What comes easy to you?
- Can you reshape your childhood dreams?
- Are you dealing with reality?
NOTE: These ideas are taken from an article by Kent published on Success.com
Tweet It ForwardWe often miss great work ideas that are right in front of us because we don’t realize what comes easy to us is not necessarily easy for others. Click To Tweet Find work that allows you to invest 65-70 percent of your time doing tasks you enjoy. Click To Tweet If you can connect what comes easy to you with something people really want, you’re close to finding work you love. Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Articles: Want to Make Money Doing What You Love? Ask Yourself These Four Questions
- Other articles by Kent Julian on Success.com
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas? Feel free to leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking one of the tweets above. Sharing is caring!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them. Kindly leave an honest rating and review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO in your life and calling. #LiveItForward