Have you heard of PMA—Positive Mental Attitude? The basic premise is that positive thinking, or having a positive attitude, is the secret to how to staying positive in life and at work.
If you’re like most people, PMA can sound pretty hokey. It’s easy to have a positive mental attitude when things are going well, but how can you stay positive in the midst of challenging circumstances? Doesn’t it take more than positive thinking to be optimistic and hopeful when life throws you a curve ball?
Episode 012 of The Live It Forward Show is very different than past shows. Instead of breaking down specific success strategies, Kent Julian shares a personal story of a difficult experience his family faced. In the story, you will discover key choices Kent and his family made that allowed them to remain optimistic and joyful in the midst of circumstances that were anything but positive.
Wondering how to stay positive in the midst of your difficult circumstances? It takes more than a positive mental attitude. It takes choices! This episode will show you how to make those choices for yourself.
1. Welcome to the show.
2. Podcast Launch Contest—6 winners are announced.
3. Get Paid to Speak—Speak It Forward Boot Camp (Early-bird registration ends June 15).
4. Success Tip: “You cannot stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” —Jon Kabat-Zinn
5. How to Stay Positive in the Midst of a Challenging Situation
- June 2009—the week life threw the Julian’s a curve ball
- 6 choices the Julian’s made to stay positive and hopeful in the midst of a difficult journey
Tweet It ForwardYou cannot stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. —Jon Kabat-Zinn Click To Tweet Staying positive in the midst of difficult situations takes more than a positive mental attitude. It takes choice! Click To Tweet Make the move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward Click To Tweet
Episode Links and Resource
- Want to get paid to speak? Speak It Forward Boot Camp
- Ask your question for a future episode — email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for listening to this episode of The Live It Forward Show. Do you have any feedback, questions, or ideas about this episode? Feel free to leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to share it by using the social media buttons at the top or bottom of this post or by clicking on one of the tweets above.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Live It Forward Show on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the ranking of the show, and I read every single one of them.
Until next time, continue to move from DREAM to DO. #LiveItForward