To help one million people LIVE IT FORWARD in the most important roles of their lives.
Will you join the movement? Find out more below…
You CAN Live an Amazing, Success-Filled Life
I know, because I do. I don’t say this arrogantly; I say it with humility and gratitude. I’m a regular guy who happened to stumble upon the secret to true success and authentic happiness from a very unlikely beginning…
Anything But Amazing
I didn’t start out successful. I wasn’t even mediocre; I was well below average. I grew up with such a challenging speech impediment, my nickname was “The Walrus” because I sounded like a large sea mammal who had marbles rolling around in his mouth. Additionally, by the time I reached third grade, my teacher had a conference with my parents to find out how I passed the previous grades without being able to read. And I didn’t outgrow these challenges…when I finished high school my SAT scores were so low, I had to take Development Studies to get accepted into college—on probation.
Two Truths about Your Story
What about you? Your story may have started out easier than mine or it may have been 10x harder. That’s not the point. The point is no matter where your story starts, you can live it forward into an amazing, success-filled life because there are ultimately two truths about every story:
- TRUTH #1: You cannot change what has already been written in your story—that ink has dried.
- TRUTH #2: You are 100 percent responsible for what will be written in your story—that ink is still in your pen.
Truth #2, the idea that we are 100 percent responsible for the rest of our story, makes real success possible for each of us no matter where we’ve been or what we’ve faced. Truth #2 is also what makes living it forward so important because it means instead of just letting life happen to you, you happen to life!
You can have a life or you can make a life. In the first, life happens to you. In the second, you happen to life.
Live It Forward
So what does Live It Forward mean?
Simply stated, it’s living into your bigger story. It’s means you stop DREAMING about the life you want and start DOING the life you want.
And we have a 2025 Vision — to help one million people move from LIVE IT FORWARD in the most important roles of their lives!
An Amazing, Success-Filled Life
So why do I have this 2025 vision? Because despite my less-than-stellar beginning, I’m honored to live an amazing, success-filled life in the most important roles of my life…
I’m married to an amazing woman! Kathy is gorgeous on the outside, but more importantly, she’s gorgeous on the inside. As I like to say, “I definitely out punted my coverage.” We love each other deeply and strive every day to make are marriage great.
Kathy and I have three beautiful children we dearly love. Our family isn’t perfect (what family is?), but we cherish doing life together. You know you have something pretty good when your kids’ friends want to hang out at your home because “it feels the way a home is supposed to feel.” But when your kids insist on hanging out as well, that’s when you know you have something extra special.
Professionally, I’ve been privilege to experience significant success in multiple careers. My first career was in the non-profit world leading youth organizations. I did very well in this career path, so well, in fact, that by my early 30s I was the executive director of a national youth organization that worked with 2,000 youth groups across the nation.
But a whole new world opened up to me when he realized the same live it forward principle that changed so many youth people and their families could also change companies and organizations.
So, after 20 years in the non-profit world, I did something crazy…I launched a company called Live It Forward to empower people and organizations to move from DREAM to DO. Now I speak, write, and consult leaders all over the world. You can find my work on this website and in cool places like Entrepreneur.com, Success.com, HuffingtonPost.com, GoodMenProject.com and more. I’m also a professional speaker who is privileged to speak to tens of thousands of people annually and work with other speakers to grow their business.
Again, none of this happened because I came from royal pedigree. In the beginning, my story was anything but amazing. Yet everything changed when I choose to live it forward. And the best news is, it can change for you too!
What About You
If your sick and tired of dreaming instead of doing, you’re definitely in the right place.
As already stated, our goal is to inspire and equip one million people by the year 2025 to live it forward in the most important roles of their lives! Here you’ll find real-life success strategies and action plans to move from dream to do in your life, family, career, income, and well…a bunch of other areas where you want to experience real success.
So…what say you? Are you ready to live it forward? To join the movement, your best next steps are:
Step 1: Receive Live It Forward ideas and tips directly in your inbox. When you subscribe, you also receive 3 resources to help you launch your Live It Forward journey…
- How to Lead Your Life from Quite
- 5 Empowering Choices You Can Make Today to be More Successful
- 7 Steps to Starting a Profitable Lifestyle Business
Step 2: Subscribe to The Live It Forward Show. It’s an inspirational, engaging podcast packed with real-life success strategies and actions plans. You can also subscribe directly from your cell phone:
Fun Facts About Kent
1. Kent is ambidextrous. He is naturally left-handed, but his mom made him write with his right hand because “there are no lefties in our family tree.” This likely had an impact on his speech, spelling, and reading problems throughout childhood. However, in his typical live-it-forward mindset, Kent LOVES being ambidextrous. As he likes to say, “Not only can I bowl and brush my teeth with either hand, I have the competitive advantage of taping into both sides of my brain.”
3. His first career was as a professional lifeguard, although he never appeared on Baywatch.
4. Kent loves the sun spots on his shiny bald head because they are a reminder of his 13 years of coaching swimming. The smallest team he ever coaches was 125 swimmers. The largest team—182 swimmers.
5. Speaking of his bald head…even though he started losing his hair in high school, which was tough, today he actually loves being bald. As he likes to say, “God only uncovers that which is perfect.”
6. One thing Kent does not like: HUMIDITY. (So why does he live in Hotlanta?!)
7. Kent and Kathy have 3 children, a son and twin girls. The girls were born two months early and weighed around 3.5 pounds. Kathy was on strict bedrest in the hospital for a month before they were born, and then the girls stayed in the NICU for a month before they were allowed to come home.
8. One of Kent’s daughters is a Type 1 Diabetic. (Yes, it is definitely different than Type 2 Diabetes.)
9. His neck is 18.5 inches thick. (BTW, that’s thick!)
10. Kent’s eyes are so small, he cannot wear contacts.
11. Although he was born in New York, he’s a huge Red Sox fan because as a little boy he watched every game of the 1975 World Series between the Reds and Red Sox with his grandfather. (Guess where his grandfather was from? That’s right, just outside of Boston!)
12. Kent loves Georgia Tech football and basketball so much that even though they don’t win often, he still named his french bulldog Techie.